An integral part of Liberate’s mission is to ensure that all Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Questioning (LGBTQ) people feel included in our Island community, and that they have a ‘place’.
Who We Are
Liberate is made up of a virtual rainbow of people from every different gender and sexual identity you could possibly think of. By having such a diverse crowd involved we can operate on many different levels as we all bring something different to the group. We’ve asked everyone to tell you a bit about themselves and why they are involved in Liberate here. You can contact anyone of us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by using a contact form at the bottom of this page.
- The purpose of Liberate is to educate and Inform on a wide range of LGBTQ issues and to support those who identify as LGBTQ, their families and friends.
- We are hoping to question social attitudes and behaviours which discriminate against LGBTQ people, and offer advice and help in tackling homophobia, biphobia, transphobia, etc.
- Liberate is an inclusive Group, which welcomes people irrespective of or sexual orientation, gender identity, religious belief,race, gender or disability.
- We will campaign to reform laws and policies to ensure that LGBTQ people can enjoy the same freedoms as everyone else in the Channel Islands.
- We will challenge politicians on a wide range of current discriminatory laws and policies, to ensure that LGBTQ people will , one day, be treated equally.