An integral part of Liberate’s mission is to ensure that all Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Questioning (LGBTQ) people feel included in our Island community, and that they have a ‘place’.
At Liberate we believe that one day we will all be treated equally under the law, no matter what our gender, race, religious belief, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity.
We have pooled our collective knowledge and experience to come up with a list of links that the LGBTQ community, their family, friends and carers will find informative, fun and incredibly useful.
We provide support to those with questions about their sexuality and any aspect of LGBTQ life, the families and friends of LGBTQ community, and to all who feel they need it for any reason.
We are petitioning to end the discrimination of LGBTQ people in the Channel Islands.
- The purpose of Liberate is to educate and Inform on a wide range of LGBTQ issues and to support those who identify as LGBTQ, their families and friends.
- We will campaign to reform some of Guernsey’s policies to ensure that LGBTQ people can enjoy the same freedoms as everyone else in the Bailiwick of Guernsey.
- We are hoping to question social attitudes and behaviours which discriminate against LGBTQ people, and offer advice and help in tackling homophobia, biphobia, transphobia, etc.
- We will challenge the States of Guernsey and politicians on a wide range of current discriminatory laws and policies, to ensure that LGBTQ people will , one day, be treated equally.
- Liberate is an inclusive Group, which welcomes people irrespective of or sexual orientation, gender identity, religious belief,race, gender or disability.