An integral part of Liberate’s mission is to ensure that all Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Questioning (LGBTQ) people feel included in our Island community, and that they have a ‘place’.
We are petitioning to end the discrimination of LGBTQ people in the Channel Islands.
- The purpose of Liberate is to educate and Inform on a wide range of LGBTQ issues and to support those who identify as LGBTQ, their families and friends.
- We will campaign to reform laws and policies to ensure that LGBTQ people can enjoy the same freedoms as everyone else in the Channel Islands.
- We are hoping to question social attitudes and behaviours which discriminate against LGBTQ people, and offer advice and help in tackling homophobia, biphobia, transphobia, etc.
- We will challenge politicians on a wide range of current discriminatory laws and policies, to ensure that LGBTQ people will , one day, be treated equally.
- Liberate is an inclusive Group, which welcomes people irrespective of or sexual orientation, gender identity, religious belief,race, gender or disability.